Monday 18 May 2015

Bangalore to Hogenakkal trip

When: 17th May 2015 (Latest visit).
DestinationHogenakkal  Waterfalls - Tamilnadu
How and who all are: Solo Ride
Odometer reading: 250Kms
Route MapBangalore – Hosur - Hogenakkal– Hosur – Bangalore.

Short and sweet description:
              " Least bother about destination.. Enjoy the ride "
Actually I like the stretch from Hosur to HogenakkalWhenever I feel like bored, I prefer to hit this road.

Travelogue:
   
      I have been to this place lot of times. Every visit shows me the hidden beauties of the stretch. The best part is hangout at river side which comes much before reaching the waterfall. 

Ppl say that, one must take coracle ride to see the beauty of water falls. Even I have seen lot of ppl taking coracle ride and vising the main falls.

Well, if you just want enjoy the destination. 
Take "Bangalore- Dharmapuri - Hogenakkal" route to reach waterfalls. 
Enjoy the street fish food, take a coracle ride and enjoy the majestic view of water falls.

If you want to enjoy the ride and scenery of the stretch. Then take "Bangalore – Hosur - Hogenakkal" route. This route goes through the villages and it has some nice views of nature.

Pls have a look at below route map for details.

My usual plan while visiting this place is 
"Breakfast in A2B @ Bommasandra  (after crossing Electronics city),
Lunch at river side, Snacks at A2B and reach back Bangalore "

I would like to mention onethng over here is,
if possible try to carry food from Home.
I could feel that, the place is commercialized and it's very hard to get hygiene food.
Hence, if you can carry the food, nicely you can stop your vehicle river side and enjoy home food. :)



Note: Those who like to ride on highways. please take "Banglaore - Dharmapuri - Hogenakkal" route.

In this, I'm posting the images from all my visits to Hogenakkal. I'll be updating the new snaps from latest visit :)


Route map
On the way to Hogenakkal during rainy day..!! :)


View of Coracle Rides


View of Coracle Rides

Visit with friends


One of the Waterfall

Hanging bridge

My favt. spot 

On the way



Enjoying the last chapter of  "INTO THE WILD" during latest visit

That's how my beast looks :P :)


                                                 Happy Reading
                      \m/ Happy Riding \m/

4 comments:

  1. I would recommend you to change the font of your blog. It's hard to continue reading if someone is interested in reading further, e.g. me. Rest is good and helpful. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the suggestion @Bharti Gupta.
      I'll try to consider it. :-)

      Delete
  2. By font I mean the black background!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, nice to read about your lovely experience on your bike. I too love travelling different places. Thanks for sharing about your experience and this really helps people to plan for their trips. If anyone wants to experience the same by bus, then book bus tickets in Evacay Bus.

    ReplyDelete